Can you imagine rewarding culinary career, cruising to all the exotic destinations across the world? Yes, that’s how we imagine you as a world-traveling chef aboard a luxury cruise ship.
Kamaxi College is an institution that offers students with top-notch training in cruise chef and culinary skills. The Cruise Culinary Transition Program (CCTP) is a course meant for those who have experience in a commercial kitchen and looking to switch up their mundane job for an exciting career.
The 3 month CCTP course has a core focus on the culinary offerings on international cruise liners. This includes cruise menus, safety, hygiene and sanitation observed by cruise ships, international employability and interviewing skills as well as life aboard a cruise liner. The comprehensive course is completed with a 6 month internship at starred hotels to facilitate
overall personal and professional growth.
The opportunities as a culinary professional in the cruise industry are vast and we aim to match each of our students with the best possible job placement in the industry.
Why Choose This Programme?
Kamaxi College prepares students to be ahead of the rest by delivering world-class learning in a top training institution. Learn from personalized guidance from our highly experienced and knowledgeable instructors, gain hands-on experience in our training kitchen designed according to the specification of the cruise industry. Get your performance reviewed regularly through holistic and industry focused assignments and assessments. Our exhaustive training is combined industry experience through a minimum 6 month internship
at a 5-starred hotel in India.
Who Do We Help?
Anyone who has completed 3 years Diploma/Degree in hotel or hospitality management/culinary arts. Is below the age of 27, dedicated, team-worker with a positive attitude and has good English communication skills. Within a span of just 9 months, you will learn vital techniques and tricks used in the cruise line industry with equal focus on theoretical concepts and practical instruction.
- This fast-track programme gives Hotel Management graduate students the additional culinary skills required to succeed in the cruise industry.
- The course is followed by internship and placement opportunities for students enrolled in the course.
- New batch starts every three months.
- Life & career in the cruise industry
- Cruise Ship menu planning & costing
- Kitchen management & entrepreneurship
- Nutrition, health & special diets
- Knowledge of food storage aboard a vessel
- Communication skills
- Working under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Basics of service & accounting
- Maintenance of equipment aboard a vessel
- Hygiene & sanitation
- Compliance with health and safety regulations
- Assisting the head chef and performing their duties in their absence